In a world where we are used to being told what to do, what this is for and what that is for. Would you believe that majority of your common household item holds the key to a cleaner home? These items are commonly found in your house and you are loyally using it just for what it is intentionally used for.
Prepare as some of your household items surprise you with what they can help you with.
Toothpaste, obviously is the paste that is placed on a toothbrush to clean your teeth. But did you know that there are other uses of toothpaste?
- Clean silver railings or doorknobs instantly.
- Removes coffee or tea stains on surfaces.
- Removes makeup stains.
- Removes garlic odor and stickiness.
- Cleans old white rubber shoes.
Vinegar is used for cooking or even as seasoning. I know you have heard that one kind of vinegar that can be used as a beauty product, yes, the apple cider vinegar. But did you know that the common vinegar that you have in your pantry can be used in cleaning your house?
- Removes odors.
- Cleans tile grouts.
- Removes odor and blockage from waste disposal sinks.
- Removes stain from carpet and sofa.
- Cleans refrigerator shelves.
Baking soda, as its name suggests is used in baking. Whether you are fond of baking cakes or cookies or you are just letting your baking soda sit in your pantry, you’ll be surprised at what it can actually do to help you with your cleaning.
- Cleans stainless steel utensils, sink and faucet.
- Makes a non-toxic odorless toilet cleaner.
- Serves as a weed guard when sprinkled in the driveway.
- Acts as a tough stain-remover.
- Fights odor inside the refrigerator.
I know, I know, mayonnaise is what makes your sandwiches yummier. It seems that without mayonnaise, your hotdog sandwiches and hamburgers are dull and lifeless. But did you know that other than that delicious benefit is that mayonnaise can be used in cleaning?
- Removes crayon stains on walls.
- Cleans off-colored piano keys.
- Removes stickers and price tags.
- Removes all sticky residues left by food.
- Removes tough stains in tables that can’t be removed by wipes.
Petroleum jelly, or what is commonly called as Vaseline because of the popular brand name, is often used as a beauty remedy. It has a lot of advantages when it comes to beauty, but did you know that it also has surprising cleaning abilities?
- Repairs stains and minor scratches on wood furniture.
- Repairs dried leather.
- Stops faucets and doors from screeching.
- Helps remove stuck candle wax.
- Prevents paint stains.
Now that you know that these household items are in fact helpful when cleaning your house, you may think twice in the future before you throw them or before you let them rot in your pantry. Stop using these items as what their boxes says so, utilize them and see how much you can save by using these instead of buying new cleaning materials.